hallucinogenic mushroom

Overdose With Hallucinogenic Mushrooms? Is it Possible to Die?

Fungi are one of the oldest groups of organisms on earth, along with algae and other microorganisms. This is around 1.2 billion years ago, while on the other hand, the plants are from about 420 million years ago. Of all the fungi that exist, only 30,000 species have been documented to produce mushrooms, within which approximately 100 species contain psilocybin or some compound related to it.

psychedelic mushroomsMagic mushrooms are available for sale on various online platforms. If you’ve never bought shrooms online, this website is a great place to get started. Not all mushrooms have hallucinogenic effects since some produce negligible amounts to cause a trip. Magic mushrooms, also known as shrooms, are widely popular for producing such effects. The main compounds present in Psilocybes Mushrooms correspond to psilocybin and psilocin; in turn, in low concentration, we find baecystin and neobaecositin.

Once ingested, psilocybin is rapidly degraded to psilocin. This is due to the breakdown in the molecule of a bond with a phosphate group during its course through the digestive system. Regarding the second alkaloids, there is still no complete clarity of the psychoactive effects that they produce in our body, although it is known that they modulate the psychoactive effects of psilocybin and psilocin. It is believed that the difference in concentrations present in hallucinogenic mushrooms between baecystin and neobaecositin could explain the subjective differences in the effects produced between the different psilocybin mushrooms.

Psilocybin and Overdose

Before trying hallucinogenic mushrooms, one wonders, could I die? Are they deadly or toxic? Will it give me the pale? So far, there is no evidence that proposes the possibility that mushrooms have a poisonous character for humans. This is deduced primarily because, throughout the history of human consumption of the same, no deaths from intoxication have been reported.

magic mushroomSecond, the psychoactive molecules present in the fungus have been subjected on several occasions to traditional toxicological tests, the conclusions of which were that they are harmless substances for humans.

Third, psilocybin is known to have a 50% lethal dose of approximately 280 mg/kg in mice. In other words, it is necessary to supply a dose of 280mg of psilocybin for each kilogram of the animal’s mass, and with this, only half of these would die.

Therefore, a person weighing 80kg should ingest 22g of pure Psilocybin, which is equivalent to about 500g of dried Psilocybe Cubensis, and even consuming this, there would be only half the chances that they would die.