Kratom is gotten from the Mitragyna speciosa tree of the Rubiaceae family. The tree produces numerous leaves during the rainy season. Its leaves are dark green and can grow up to a length of seven inches.
• The leaves are glossy and have a mild dark green color
• The leaves can be as long as twelve centimeters
• They have an ovate shape
• They are network veined
• The leaves have an opposite growth pattern
History of the Kratom
It grew naturally in Indonesia, Thailand and Papua New Guinea. Kratom leaves were used by the natives to make medicine. They chewed the leaves to offer relief from muscle pain. People that suffered from low appetite and libido also used the leaves. Extracts were used to cure wounds. In some cultures, it was used as an anesthetic and diarrhea treatment. In Thailand, religious leaders used it for rituals.
How it is taken
Kratom is mostly found in powdered form nowadays. The powder is mixed with other sweet liquids like honey, yogurt, and juice. Kratom is being made into capsules and purchased by the middle aged to boost immunity. Dried leaves are at times made into tea. Other people prefer to smoke it. The way one chooses to take it is entirely dependent on their taste and preference.
Uses of kratom
1. It is mostly used for pain relief. The Kratom leaves have alkaloids that are great for pain relief. They increase the serotonin levels in the body eliminating pain.
2. It acts as an immune booster. Kratom has been known to prevent diseases; it contains compounds that strengthen the immune system.
3. Kratom raises the energy levels, by increasing the metabolic activities in the body. One is likely to sweat a lot and have an increased heart rate after consuming it.
4. Libido booster. For those suffering from low libido, kratom is a great solution as it is natural with no known side effects. It increases blood flow to the genitals and boosts fertility
5. Anti-depressant. Kratom is a natural anti-depressant that is used by people with depression, mood swings and anxiety disorders. You don’t have to burden yourself with drugs that strain your kidneys, go for kratom.
6. It regulates glucose and insulin levels in the body, preventing diabetes
Just like other drugs such as khat and caffeine, kratom is highly addictive. It is believed that kratom has the same effects as an opiate. It acts as a stimulant, providing great alertness and energy.
Advantages of using
• Great antioxidant
• Controlled appetite
• Highly energizing
• Eliminates diarrhea
Difficulties of its use
• Bad taste
• Highly addictive
• Bad withdrawal symptoms like nausea, migraines, and vomiting
Kratom has turned out to be very beneficial due to its unmatched herbal properties. Even with the few side effects, kratom is indeed very helpful to the body provided it is used in moderation. If you are above forty, the herb offers a solution to all those minor health problems like headaches and muscle fatigue. You don’t have to seek medical help.